Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Music calms my Soul

I love piano music. It just calms me. I'm so grateful Kenzie loves playing the piano. It bring a peaceful spirit into our home when she plays. Music has more effect on me spiritually than anything else. I hear songs and it usually reminds me of a certain event in my life. I hear "Lullaby" and I always think of Josh's funeral. My sister in law Ashley sang a beautiful rendition of it that was played as Josh's(Jer's brother) casket was carried out. Heartbreaking!!! My list could go on and on.
Over the past 11 months I've followed the blog of a Utah family who's daughter was born with HLHS. She overcame the odds and had been doing so well. A few weeks ago she went into heart failure and it was decided she needed a heart transplant. She received a new heart on Feb. 22nd but after being put in it was found to not work. She has been on life support this last week and yesterday this sweet family said Goodbye to her. I am so sad. I had such high hopes for Sweet Gracie getting her new heart. Heaven sure got a beautiful Angel yesterday. Her mother, Michele, recently wrote about, Paul Cardall, who is also in need of a heart transplant. He also happens to be a wonderful composer and piano player. His music moves my soul. It brings a calming peace over me. As I read the goodbye from Gracie's dad last night, hearing the beautiful piano music was just pure Heaven on Earth!!! Gracie and her dear family have made me be a better mom. I don't like to be without my kids. I always want them near me. I just don't want to miss a moment. I think many are surprised we take so many trips with our kids and not just Jer and I. I just don't relax as much when they aren't with us. I want to live each day letting them know I love them, and that they are truly gifts from above. Thank you Gracie Girl for teaching me to cherish life!!! You fought so hard and can now rest. Thank you Paul Cardall for sharing your talent with the world. Your music is truly a gift to me! I pray a new heart will come soon so you may continue to share with us.
You can find Gracie and Paul's blogs on my side bar.

4 comments:

Mindy M. said...

You make me want to cry with this last post! I read the two blogs you wrote about and that even made me more sad! You are such a wonderful person and I love that your family is your number 1 priority! That is how it should be!!

Borchert Family said...

Jill...
Thanks for sharing Gracie's story. It makes me cherish every day that I have with Grey. I just cried reading there story. I can't even imagine what her parents are going through right now. What strong and inspiring people. I admire there FAITH!

Joy said...

Jill- I just read your post. It brought tears to my eyes. You are such a wonderful mother and I am grateful to have a sister like you. I love your girls so much. Almost like my own. Have a wonderful vacation with the fam. Can't wait to see you and the girls in a few weeks!!!!

Ashley said...

Jill, I read about Gracie. What a sweet blessing she was in her family's life. How do you find all these blogs? I loved your post!