Saturday, October 4, 2008

Drying Out!


Moisture level in wood floors should be around 7% to 10%. The area that got saturated in our kitchen is between 17% to 25%. We were told it would take 4 to 5 months to completely dry out with no help before we could start the refinishing process. USAA(our insurance) hired a company to dry out the floors fast.This equipment will be in our house the next 5 days. Everyday someone will come out to measure the moisture level. Today they will come and move the fridge to put drying mats in that spot. Where we will relocate the fridge is anyones guess!!! The machines are so loud. You have to yell for someone to hear you. Good Times!!!!

6 comments:

steve and lisa said...

Ugh
What a PAIN! Cannot believe it takes that long to dry out. And the noise. Oh boy. Doesn't look like any fun. Lisa

Coops said...

Seriously? I am so sorry. This thing doesn't seem like it's going to end for you. If you need to get away from the noise, come on over!

Ashley J @ MommyByDayCrafterByNight said...

Oh man... I am so sorry that happened to you guys!!! That is a total bummer! Lucky you have insurance to cover that- still a big pain though I bet!

Mindy M. said...

Dang!! I am so sorry you have to put up with that! Good thing your insurance is being cooperative and getting it worked out. Love your kitchen and floors though!

rogersinkc said...

bummer man!

Ashley said...

Jill, so sorry you have to be dealing with all that right now. I love your kitchen though, it looks beautiful! Your shelf and bench look so cute!