I was excited to see my counter go under 100 days until our baby girl arrives. We are all so excited to meet her!
Jer had been in India all last week and got back Thursday night. He came home from the airport, picked me up, and we went over to a couples house to look at their nursery furniture from Craigslist. I loved the changing table, and dresser. The crib was cute, but needed some work from all the scratches, and it wasn't exactly what I was looking for.
Came home and enjoyed seeing all the India gifts Jer pulled out of his bag. He bought Madi and Molly the most beautiful dresses, and Kenzie a beautiful skirt. He also bought me 2 skirts. I'll post pics soon. He also bought each of them a little pair of Wooden shoes from the airport in Amsterdam where he had a layover. I think Jer has a new appreciation for life and all our blessings after seeing conditions in India.
Friday morning was the dreaded Glucose tolerance test. My sister set the timer for 5min. at 8:30. I started the drink. UGH! I decided it would be better to just down the thing then take small sips. Jeremy drove me to my Dr. office at 9:00 and I had my blood drawn at 9:30. Went home and at 10:30 the Dr. called saying any blood sugar score over 135 has to do the 3 hr. test now. My blood sugar was at 158. So I am scheduled for the 3hr. test Tuesday morning at 8:30. I have to fast from 8:30 pm Monday night, arrive to Dr. office at 8:30am. I will have my fasting blood drawn so they have a base to start out with. Then I drink the Glucose drink (this drink is much worse tasting than the 1 hr. drink). I will then have my blood drawn every hour for 3 hours. I asked if they could give me a room by myself to rest in. No problem, so that will be nice. I really hope I don't have Gestational Diabetes again, but it's looking that way.:(
Jer, Jen, Molly and I then had lunch at Cheeseburger in Paradise. Every time I eat there I'm wishing I was eating at the one in Hawaii, but I'm glad we have one here to enjoy.
We then went shopping for a crib. I found a floor model on clearance at Nebraska Furniture(oh, how I love that place). It's white and will be perfect. I called the Craigslist gal, and she just let me know this morning she will sell me her changing table and dresser, and I'm thrilled. So at least furniture is purchased. Now onto paint, and accessories.
Last night I went to a going away dinner with friends at Cheesecake Factory. We had such a fun time. The dinner was for our friend Alyssa who is moving to Idaho. We will all miss her. Pictures soon.
Today is a super busy Saturday, so I better get moving. McKenzie is already at the school practicing for the Variety show. At 11am she has a piano judging at a music shop. At 5pm Jer and I have our neighbors baby shower, and at 7PM I'll get Kenz so she and I can attend her first Young Women's General Meeting together. I'm excited to attend that with her.
I promise when things calm down, that I'll post Texas pics, and all the others.
I'll post about my test results on Tuesday.
Banana Split Pudding Cups
4 months ago








3 comments:
Jill, mom told me about your test yesterday! I am so sorry you have to do the three hour one. I know that was so miserable last time for you. We will be thinking about you! I am so excited about your nursery stuff! I can't wait to see it! Do you have an idea what you want to do as far as paint colors? or bedding? I will post pics soon of our little ones nursery. It is pretty much done. It was SO much fun putting it all together. Dave was really into it and thinks it is so darling. Which made it even more fun for me. :) Post about Texas when you can! Love you!
Thanks Ash! I can't wait to see your nursery. Seeing the beautiful bedding and crib makes me so excited to see everything finished. I love your crib so much. Wish I could have found one like that. I was thinking of waiting, but when I found the one yesterday it was such a great price, and would work perfect, so I bought it.
I'm actually going to use the same bedding I had for Molly. I never really got to showcase it and it's in perfect condition. I'm going to take the pillow sham to find paint matches.
I need to order lettering from you. I'll probably have you print the same quote I used for Molly.
I'll send you a pic of the changing table. It's really cute!
Love you guys!
I can't wait to see the nursery! I am sure it will be darling!
Jer is always so thoughtful and is such a great dad! I am glad you guys got to have a fun weekend together before he goes out again:)
Post a Comment