Monday, March 8, 2010

4 teeth at once and some other stuff!

Friday afternoon at 3pm I received a call from the school nurse that Madilynn had come to see her complaining of her mouth hurting. I thought it was probably her bottom loose tooth. No, the nurse thought she had an abscessed tooth on the right top. I called our Dentist to see about getting in. He said he'd call in an antibiotic for her, then see us in the morning. When I got to look at Madi's gums I felt so bad for her. It looked bad! We were at the dentist office bright and early on Saturday morning 8:30am. Turns out it wasn't an abscess. I think he called it a retracted tooth. Her gums don't want to let go of her baby teeth, but her permanent teeth are wanting to pop out. It actually was causing a slight infection. He said it was probably about to happen on the other side of her mouth as well. So the verdict....continue the antibiotic and come back Tuesday to have FOUR teeth pulled.

Madilynn is beyond freaked out at this. I told her it will be quick, and I'd get her a yummy milk shake after.

It has finally warmed up here!! YIPEE!! This weekend it was 61 and sunny! PERFECT!! Tonight it's raining, but I am loving the pitter patter sound. I'm actually excited for when our first spring thunderstorm comes. I'm sure I won't be saying that when the tornado sirens go off, but I've just never wished for a spring to come so much as this year!

My sister Jenny has been here for 3 weeks, and she's been such a help while Jer has come and gone on his world travels!

Our basement is coming along. The fireplace was delivered last week, and we should be ready for our 1st big inspection in just a few weeks. I can't wait to get it done, so the guest room can move down there, and I can start decorating the nursery upstairs.

The girls are doing great! McKenzie is taking Drama this semester at school and loving it! She also wants to start up Tennis again this spring. I was thinking Golf, so we'll see what we can squeeze in. Madilynn will be done with speech soon as her "R" sound is getting perfect!!! She is so happy and proud, as are we. She always wants to talk on the phone with her friends! Molly makes us laugh every second,loves to watch Barbie movies, and dance around in dress up clothes!

Baby Girl is kicking like crazy now, and I swear doing flips every minute. I love feeling her movements because it assures me all is well.

Jer gave me a very early Bday gift last week. A Cannon Speedlight flash! I'm so excited, but hope I can figure out all it's features. It's fancy with many buttons and I have no clue what they mean. I hope to take a photography class in April, so hopefully I learn more about it then.

Well, that's enough rambling for now. Spring Break is just around the corner!!! YAHOO!

8 comments:

Emily said...

Sounds like all is going well...have a fun spring break!

Todd and Megan said...

Poor Madi...I had 10 teeth pulled at one time and only ever lost 3 teeth on my own! Let her know it will all be ok! So glad to hear everything is well...

Ashley said...

Madi, I will be thinking of you this morning! I know all will go well. I am very proud of you. I will call you this afternoon to see how you are. I love you!

Ashley said...

Acturally, that last comment was Grandma (on Ashley's computer!)

Veronica said...

Fun to keep up on your news. Sounds like everyone is doing great. Jer will rack up some more sky miles for you to have another great family trip too. Good luck with the whole teeth pulling. Jocelyn was always our worst dental patient and I dreaded taking her...and the dentist was her uncle....glad the baby is kicking and letting you know she is growing. Love to all!

rogersinkc said...

Been there, done that. I had to have 4 teeth extracted in order for me to get braces back in 5th grade. There was some construction work going on outside the dentists office and at the time my dad was still on the Utah Highway Patrol. He marched right out there and told the construction workers to quit right then and there until the dentist was done with me, so there wouldn't be any distractions! Pretty funny. The dentist put me out with some sort of anesthesia.

Candace said...

Zach just had some teeth pulled. It went amazingly well. They just "wiggled" them out. Your belly pics are cute from your last post. Take it easy and follow your doctors orders! :)

Ashley J @ MommyByDayCrafterByNight said...

Oh Madi... Too bad Aunt Ash "the tooth puller" isn't out there to help you out! I am sorry!! That is no fun... Sounds like Kenz is super busy!!! She is carrying on the Jepperson name by being in Drama!!! Yea!!! Jeff will be so proud!! :) We sure love you guys!!! Can't wait to see that new baby!!! Any names yet???