Monday, April 27, 2009

First there was a Shower!!

I'm going to have to post about Joy's wedding weekend in spurts as I have so many pictures to share. I'm actually getting tears in my eyes as I think about this weekend. It really was just wonderful.

We flew to Utah on Thursday night April 23rd. Madi and I felt sick from a very bumpy flight. My family had arrived earlier in the day and was eating at Market Street Grill with Matt's family. Everyone came to our hotel room to say HI when they got back. I was tired but giddy with excitement about all the fun we would be having.

Friday April 24th Joy's wonderful friend Stephanie hosted a bridal shower at her home in Lehi. It was very nice, and so great to meet the ladies of Matt's family and also have the Wolthuis(our family friends) girls there!!!!



"The Spread" By the way that is bridal confetti on the table not spilled food.



Sisters!!!!

Mom, Joy with Matt's family


Gift Opening


Mom & Matt's mom Billie



Wolthuis Clan(Laurel Mock, Jocelyn Wolthuis, Emily Devries, Veronica Wolthuis) with Watkins Clan (Joy, me, Jenny, Jamie, my mom)

Mom & Veronica

Stephanie & Joy

McKenzie



Jennifer




Joy & Emily

Misty(Joy's friend from San Antonio) & Joy
Joy & Matt's mom (Billie)

Mom & Joy

Joy & I(or should I say me?):)

Jamie and I

Jenny & McKenzie

My mom & sister's

What a fun time we had!!!!

5 comments:

Crafty Sisters said...

It looks like you all had a fun time. Can't wait to see the pictures from the wedding. By the way...happy belated birthday! It was the 26th right?

Ang and Al said...

You asked, and since I'm an English teacher, I feel I am legally and ethically obligated to answer...plus, I'm a nerd and can't resist. In that situation, you'd use "me." The trick is to take the other person out and see whether "I" or "me" would make sense. If you had a picture of just you, you'd label it "me," not "I." So when there's a picture of you and, say, your sister, you'd say, "My sister and me."

Anyhow, it looks like a great day. It was so much fun having you all here, even if it was too brief!

steve and lisa said...

Looks like a fun bridal shower! Fun Weekend for you family! Lisa

Laurel said...

you guys are so beautiful! that was such a fun shower and it was great to see everyone! The bowling party also looked like a blast!

Beverly said...

Funny, Ang. I was thinking the exact same thing. :) I love these pictures!!! I feel like I haven't talked to you in so long!!!!! I don't think I've talked to you since the day before you left for Utah!!!