Monday, December 8, 2008

Weekend Fun and more to come!!


Friday night McKenzie sang with the Timberwolf Singers at the city tree lighting ceremony. The choir did a wonderful job. We were all frozen after she sang that we decided not to stay and see the tree lit. We did manage to grab a few Krispy Kreme doughnuts & hot chocolate before leaving.



Funny story about the Hot Chocolate...for typing purposes it will be called HC!!!
My first cup tasted delicious(drank during concert)!! My second cup tasted strange!!! I asked Jer if he was sure it was HC. He said of course!! Coffee was also being served and I thought maybe he'd grabbed the wrong one. I've never tasted coffee, but I knew this wasn't HC. Jer tried it and said it was HC. Then a few seconds later when the bad after taste set in decided to get a new cup of HC. 3rd cup of HC, still didn't taste right. He was sure he got HC this time. So we decided it was a bad batch of HC. As we were leaving we grabbed one more HC cup for the ride home, hoping this was a yummy new batch. Kenzie carried it then handed me it as she got into the car. I set it in the stroller cup holder. Jer took Molly out of the stroller and I set my purse down to fold the stroller up. I can fold my stroller easy with the push part still standing up right. So I folded it, then lifted stroller into the car. You probably know what happened next...........that's right the full cup of HC flew out and spilled all over me, the car, my purse and and stroller. I said a big "CRAP". Not only was I now annoyed about the newly made mess to clean up, but I knew once I could get in the car and have my tongue back to a normal unfreezing temp I'd be able to taste if the HC was good. Oh Well so much for that idea! So we still don't know if we had HC or Coffee!! Too Funny!!

Molly loved her Krispy Kreme. With every bite she would say "MMMM". I better show her "What About Bob" and fast forward to my favorite part where Bill Murray is going crazy over the dinner!!!



Saturday night was our church Christmas party. We made a delicious Potato Soup for it. The party was great(Becky you did so great)!!! I didn't even attempt to sit Molly on Santa's lap, knowing it would be a disaster. Is it me or does Kenzie look way too old for doing this? I don't think it's me. Poor Kenz, you can tell she's no longer into this!!! Makes me sad! They do grow up so quick!!

This week is crazy!!!! I'm getting braces tomorrow!! Yes, I'm super nervous about that!! Thursday I'm hosting the RS Enrichment Christmas Party at my house. Yes, every moment is being spent making sure the house will look great for it. Hopefully my mouth wont ache from the braces so I can stay on top of things. Wish Me Luck!!!!

8 comments:

steve and lisa said...

Braces! Ugh! Not fun!
The ward Christmas party looked fun! Kenzie looks like she is growing up fast! Hope you have a wonderful Christmas! Trent got a coffee instead of HC at the motocross races! It is funny trying to figure out what is going on with the HC! That is too bad your last HC got spilled. You will always wonder what it really tasted like! Lisa

Emily said...

Good LUck with the braces. Sounds like a fun weekend.

Joy said...

Jill--the first few days are gonna be awful with braces!! I taught Harley this little saying, we use it every morning when we brush her hair, "Beauty is Pain"!!!! Never forget that, and you can get through the times of a little discomfort. While I received my injections of Botox today I kept saying this over and over. I know, I'm silly!!!

Joy said...

cont...I will say, "Harley what is beauty??" and she replies "PAIN Mama, PAIN!!!" Ha Ha, He He. What am I teaching my poor child!

Ang and Al said...

I think it would have been undeniably obvious if you'd gotten coffee instead of hot chocolate. Coffee is so strong and bitter. I love seeing these students who think they're all sophisticated when they have twice as much cream as coffee and several tablespoons of sugar. Yeah, you would have known.

I bet you had a cross-contamination issue. Maybe they'd had coffee in the container before the hot chocolate or something.

Michelle said...

Jill, my only question is this... why the heck is a girl with perfectly straight teeth getting braces????

The White House said...

Love the pics. I am so sorry I didnt call you back, I lost your number. The 19 should be fine what time are you thinking. I have to leave for work at 5:00. So you would need to be here by 3:00 if that would work for you. let me know.

Veronica said...

Good for you Jill! All of our kids had braces and I need them the worst probably and now I don't think I will do it since I am one old lade! Did you get all the hot chocolate mess cleaned up all right? Did it stain the stroller? I am sorry about that...it is aggravating. Hope you are all well. Love you and miss you!