I did it, I got braces. To answer my friend Michelle's question-
I actually don't have perfect teeth. I have crowding on the bottom. My top is OK, but one front tooth was beginning to push forward. Do I think it's worth the money? I don't know!! We'll see at the end, which is supposed to be in 1 yr. Insurance paid $1200, and we do the rest. Luckily, Jer sets aside money with his Flex Spending and we can be reimbursed the cost. YAHOO!!!! We set aside enough this coming yr. for normal Medical/Dental, plus cost of braces. So it's all good. I'll just look funny for a year.
Why did I decide on regular(ceramic)braces? Well, I had made my appointment to do Invisalign. After having talks with many people and another orthodontist friend I decided that for me Reg. Braces would give the best result for me.
The other reason for braces is that I have something called-
Disk Displacement Left Temporomandibular Joint Displacement
The joint over rotates which then causes my jaw to slip out of place. It is very painful. It doesn't occur constantly but when it does, stay away from me. I'm no fun at the time. Anyway, the braces wont cure it, but moving my teeth into perfect position sets me up to have a great orthopedic retainer/jaw support.
My sweet Orthodontist called last night at 9:20 to check in and see how I was doing. Gotta love getting great care!!!!
I am feeling a little better today. Just the back braces hurt. I feel like they are digging into my cheeks. I need to get this wax protector stuff to work so my cheeks can heal.
I'm hoping to feel OK for the party tomorrow night. My friend Diane came and helped me finish decorating today, and helped with any last cleaning. We were so funny with the decorating. We'd get something into place, stand back to look it over, move it, stand back & look, change again..........It took awhile, but we had a fun time.
I'll take pictures tomorrow night during the party, and maybe I'll let someone take a picture of me with my new beauty wear(aka awful mouth appliances)!!!
PS. This is my favorite Celine song. The girls and I had a dance party last week to this song. Even Baby Molly joined in on the fun. We had the best time dancing all around the office. What a great memory to have!! Love those 3 girls so much!!
Banana Split Pudding Cups
6 months ago








3 comments:
Braces are painful. I had them for 2 1/2 years. It gets better and you will get used to talking and eating with them. Feel better soon!
My friend got braces a little while ago and her outlook is she looks so young now! Just think of it that way!
I hope you feel better soon enough to enoy your Christmas party. can't wait to see your DAZZLING smile in a year!!!!
Post a Comment