Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Baby, It's Cold Outside




Wow, winter has come in with a vengeance!!!! We had enjoyed such nice weather for so long that we were bound to get some nasty stuff. Well, yesterday the nasty hit. Actually, Monday was bad with temps at 8 degrees, and the windchill of -11. YIKES!!! Woke up to snow yesterday and it got worse during the morning. Slick stuff that was so icy. (I'm still surprised the kids didn't have a snowday) I left my house at 11:15for my RS Presidency meeting being held at Lindsay's house at 12:15.

My plan was for a quick stop at Kinko's to pick up an order, then drive to her house. I got stuck on the hill trying to turn into Kinko's. Took me 15 minutes to finally get up. Went in Kinko's only to find they didn't do what I wanted, and would have to come back for the right order. Left there at noon and would be at Lindsay's right on time. 10 minutes later realized I was on the wrong street(due to not paying attention), got to the right street, then stuck on the tiny hill turning into Lind's subdivision. I wanted to scream and cry at the same time. It was almost 12:40 now, and I couldn't call anyone for help or to tell the ladies why I was so late since my cell was dead. I said a quick prayer to get up the hill, and finally got my car up it. Guess I should've prayed sooner. Anyway, came into the meeting like a whirlwind!! Felt like I ruined the whole feeling of the meeting.
Sorry y'all!!!

So what did I learn from this adventure?
#1 Always have my cell phone charged, especially on bad weather days.
#2 Pray first, pray always!!!!
#3 Get new tires for my car(ones that will at least drive in 3 inches of snow. That's right maybe 3 inches, but it was a mess out there!)

Side note: I'm still getting used to my braces. 1 week down and I'm doing better. My orthodontist fixed a few things yesterday, and I can finally bite down to chew food. Inside of my mouth is still sore, but everyone is saying it will get better. Hopefully soon!!!!!

5 comments:

Emily said...

Sorry you had a hard time getting around yesterday!

Veronica said...

BRRRRRRRRRRR! I had heard how cold it was on the news. Take care and be careful. Glad you could get to your meeting. Where are you going to be for Christmas? How is your mom? I hope all is well. Love you much!

Ang and Al said...

If nothing else, you've proven that a Texas native can handle the snowy conditions! Way to go working your way out of those jams--hills are scary!

Ang and Al said...

If nothing else, you've proven that a Texas native can handle the snowy conditions! Way to go working your way out of those jams--hills are scary!

Ang and Al said...
This comment has been removed by the author.