Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Doing good!



We made it to Texas Saturday afternoon, and it is just beautiful here. Molly was perfect on the flights. Luckily I had empty seats next to me both flights so she just sat(well, mainly she stood) in her own seat and loved it. She received so many comments on what a Good Girl she was. Thanks Miss Molly for making it so easy to travel with you.


Battle Wound




(I was actually pleasantly surprised at the incision. I thought it would be longer) Mom is doing much better today then the first 2 days I was here. Her "battle wound" as I like to call it, was getting irritated Sunday night and yesterday was very red around the bottom part. We met with the surgeon yesterday. He now has her on antibiotics and it looks so much better today. She also had the staples removed. Her surgeon is very confident he got all the cancerous lymph nodes out. The lower right neck nodes all tested positive for Cancer. No cancer was found on the left side. She will do the Radioactive Iodine treatment in 5 weeks and that should kill any remaining microscopic cancer cells. For now she's just taking it easy and I'm enjoying my visit with her. She does want to stay up and watch the election tonight until the winner is declared. Although it's 9:30PM and we were all dozing off earlier.



Today I did sneak out for a bit to have lunch with some dear High School friends. It was so great to see them, and their kids. Especially one's 1 week old twins. So cute!!!

Jer, Kenzie, and Madi.... I love you and miss you!!!! Girls, I'm glad you are having so much fun with dad!!

6 comments:

steve and lisa said...

Looks like your mom has been through the ringer & back! Glad you are there to support her & help her through this difficult time! Looks like your kids had a great Halloween - miss having chili (minus the tomatoes!) at the Perkins!!

Corbin Snow said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Veronica said...

Jill, please tell your mother how much I love her and that I am thinking of her everyday. I am thankful for your posting. I am so glad to hear that your mother is improving and that the surgeon felt everything was going well. Tell your mother that a fashion expert said every woman needs a bright scarf for her wardrobe. So she can wear a scarf for a while if she wants and be perfectly in style. Pass on my love to her....love you all too!

allredclan said...

I will admit that that picture of your mom's battle wound made my stomach a bit queasy. That looks huge to me. I'm glad she is doing well and that you are enjoying your time out there.

njepperson said...

Jill, so glad that you and Miss Molly are there to help your mom. Please pass on our love and tell her that I think she is so brave! She is an amazing person! Love you al1!

Emily said...

Oh wow, that is a hefty battle wound! Love you Chris!!!!