Saturday, November 22, 2008

Choir Concert & Girls Night Out






Jer flew home Thurs. afternoon and then we attended McKenzie's 6th grade Timberwolf Singers Choir Concert. It was wonderful. I was so amazed at the tone coming from these kids. They sounded amazing!!! Their music teacher Mrs. Dix is wonderful. She's up for District Teacher of the Year, and then will move onto State!! We all adore her, she really makes these kids want to sing their best. Kenz looked so cute and I wish I had better pictures, but my wonderful camera is still getting fixed, so this is the best I could get. Molly was wonderful during the concert. She just sat on the floor eating her snacks. She would also clap after every song. After the concert there was no stopping her. She was all over the gym. Notice how she only is wearing one shoe. She loves to walk with one shoe on. Strange!!!
















Last night I met up with friends to grab a bite before everyone was off to see Twilight. I have yet to finish the book. I started it this summer, but put it down to read 3 other books, and haven't picked it up since. I really want to finish it before seeing the movie, so I came home after eating. The things women talk about when we get together......TOO FUNNY!!!!!

6 comments:

April said...

Hee hee hee...that was too much fun last night!

Michelle said...

Wow, Kenz is becoming quite a musician. Good for her.

Am I the only person on the Earth who didn't love Twilight? Can't believe all the crazy hype. Glad you had fun with the girls, though. A girls' night out is always a worthy cause.

Emily said...

I love GNO! Glad you had a fun night.

The White House said...

Hey girl,
Do your girls have school on wed? If not I can do it then so you can have it done for the holidays. It would need to be in the afternoon if that works let me know. About 3:00.

Ang and Al said...

Here's how to speed-read Twilight:

Read the back of the book.
Know that Bella lives with her dad in WA and her mom lives in FL. Also know that James is a bad vampire.

Now read the last 100 pages.

Done.

Really, you're not missing much except for 400 pages of "Edward is the hottest boy in school and he likes ME, the stupid-codependent-clumsy girl."

My students have had mixed reviews about the movie. The ones that don't like it say that the actors aren't as attractive as they should be. My answer to them is that glistening skin just looks sweaty, pale white has never been attractive, and red-to-yellow eyes are just yuck. When you're being told on paper over and over again how attractive these things are, you can make yourself believe it, but when put into an actual person, we see it for what it really is--not very pretty.

The ones who loved it had no rationale except for "It was SOOOO awesome!!!!" and "It TOTALLY kicked..." You see where it is going.

I don't know any adults who have been yet. I know a couple of coworkers are going this weekend. I'll be interested in what they have to say.

allredclan said...

We had a big group get together to see Twilight, and it was a blast! I'm glad you were able to get out with some friends to see it too. =)


That little blond Molly is so stinking cute!