Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Thanksgiving 2011 (complete with pictures)

We spent Thanksgiving in San Antonio, Texas with my family! We had a wonderful time. We all enjoyed our stay at the JW Marriott this summer so much that we decided it would be fun to stay there again.

We did the overnight drive to SA again. We left Monday night Nov. 21st at 8:45PM. We only stopped for gas, and 2 potty breaks for Jer and I. Kids slept the entire night. Molly woke up around 5:45AM and was just too excited to be asleep again! :) We pulled into my parent's driveway around 10AM. Jer went right to sleep, and I was excited to visit with my parent's and Jenny. That night my Mom, Dad, Jen, and the girls went to see Puss in Boots and to EZ's for dinner. Jer and I stayed at the resort. The girls stayed with my parent's Tues. and Wednesday night.



Wednesday Nov. 23rd- Jer picked Kenzie up at my parents, then she and I got facials. They were wonderful! Took Kenzie back to parent's, then we headed north to shop at the San Marcos Outlets. Traffic was a nightmare, so we just stopped at the Forum instead and shopped. We had a great time.

The last store we hit was Hobby Lobby so I could grab some fabric for a craft I was making Jenny. I am walking toward the fabric counter when I hear a girl's voice say "Jill?" I was like, who in the heck knows me in this Hobby Lobby. Turned around and there was my BFF Beverly. HA!!! I about died. So funny! Gave her a HUGE hug! She knew I was in town and we were planning on meeting for dinner sometime during our stay, but the fact we ran into each other there was so funny! I called Jer who was out in the car to come in and see her. We shopped another hour with Bev and her two boys!

We headed back to my parent's for dinner then back out to the resort.

Thanksgiving Nov. 24th
Got up and went to my parent's to watch Macy's Parade(tradition)!
Dad treated us all to our Thanksgiving meal at Fort Sam Houston Army Base. It was a beautiful setup, and the food was delicious.





I saw several wounded soliders eating and it was an honor to be in their midst. Joy and Matt drove over from Houston, got stuck in traffic and missed eating with us. Dad had them make platters to go, and they ate their Thanksgiving dinner at the movies. :)

After dinner we went to the movies, "The Muppets". Cheesy, but we all enjoyed it! The kids LOVED it!

Then it was time for everyone to head out to the resort. Mom and Dad's room connected to our's. We shared a lovely living room. Joy and Matt's room was across the hall. I love the JW accomadations, and we had a lovely room.


Dad, Matt, Joy, Jamie, and Jeremy all headed to the Sports Bar to watch the big football game. Mom, Jen, and I stayed with the kids in the rooms. We ordered room service of Pizza, and Cobb salad. So good!

The kids had a blast running around the living room together and we watched Elf.

Friday we did the pool for about 2 hrs. It was in the low 70's, but there was a breeze, so the kids were ready to go in after about 2 hrs.

Dad and Jeremy went golfing on the beautiful Oaks course at the resort. Jenny and Kenzie went to the Harry Potter marathon the resort was having. Mom and I worked on my crafty present for Jenny, and the kiddos played and napped.

We left the resort around 5:30 to meet Bev, the boys, her mom Claudette, and her Aunt Rose at EZ's for dinner. We had so much fun visiting! Sad I didn't take one picture of us all together. :(

Back at the resort we played Uno in the Lobby.

Everything was decorated for Christmas. Loved it!








Saturday morning: We had Christmas!
















Aunt Jamie gave Molly this Rupunzel wig.  To say Molly loved it is an understatement!  She LOVED it so much!  














Joy's family headed home around 11AM, and the rest of us checked out and spent the rest of the day at Mom and Dad's.

Mom made Shepard's Pie for dinner and then we started home at 7:45pm. We pulled into our driveway at 8:15AM!

Thanks to my family for another wonderful Thanksgiving together! Wish I had taken more pictures. Love y'all!

No comments: