Friday, August 26, 2011

Moments in Review: a few from May and June

Random Pictures from Camera and cell phone

A few things from May

Kenzie had her Spring Piano Recital. I love hearing her play, but oh how much sweeter it sounds on a Steinway Grand!

This is a picture(May 15, 2011)of the wonderful Relief Society Presidency I served with for almost 3 years. Sue, Heidi, and Lindsay were released on May 15, 2011. I stayed on as the Secretary. I miss serving with these gals! They are such Dear Friends to me. Change is always good though, and I am enjoying the new Presidency too.

Here is Mya on May 17, 2011 at McKenzie's Jr. High Graduation. Love her Baby Blues!

May 25- The Youth helped at the Joplin Donation Event at our church. Donated items were brought to the church from 4-7pm and the youth helped sort, and pack items into boxes, and bags.(
 It was very organized. I still am blown away by all the items donated. It was AMAZING!!!

Memorial Day Weekend- Shopping





Madi playing with my phone camera on June 2, 2011

McKenzie spent June 6-10th at Girls Camp. It was her 3rd year, and as always, LOVED IT!!!!

Lunch at Chick-fi-la on June 6, 2011 (Molly was busy playing in the Playland) Madilynn is such a wonderful big sister!
h


Swimming Picture on June 3, 2011

Sweet sleeping baby on June 12

Madi enjoying an Arby's fry on June 13

All wrapped in her towel after a bath on June 15(night before her 1st bday)

June 16- At Target on her 1st Birthday for her pictures

June 17- Mya's One Year Checkup
Weight 18.5lbs

She did not like the Band-Aid on her finger(she had a finger prick to check Iron levels)

(BTW....just for any mom's out there. Band-Aids are major choking hazard. Nurse said many babies pull them off on their way home, and put them in their mouths) Not my Mya, she got that thing right off in the office! :)

June 17- Girls on Air Mattress in basement Family room. The girls loved sleeping in the basement this summer. Jer would blow the air mattress up and they would all fall asleep watching a movie. I came down on this particular morning and just laughed. Madi had been complaining that she didn't sleep well because everyone crowds her. HA!   She up against the sectional.  Can't hardly see her!  :)

June 18- Attended my friend Tammy's Wedding Reception.
 
For their Wedding cake, they did cupcakes that were in darling tulip cupcake holders. Loved the Grooms cake, and strawberries too!.

June 21- Pool with friends


June 22- While eating Pretzel bites at the Mall, Miss Molly was so excited to find one that looked like a hair bow!

Kenzie attended her first Youth Conference June 23-25. They toured many church historical sites in the area, and even held a Testimony meeting at Adam-Ondi-Ahman (So cool). Yes, she wasn't 14 yet, but our Stake says that youth who will be 14 going into 9th grade can attend Youth Conference that summer. So she went, and had the most amazing time! Here she is ready to attend her first night (it was a dance).

Madi's BFF, Mandy, stayed over that night. This was Mya's first night playing with the girl's in the Playroom. OH WOW, she LOVED it! She loved sitting at Molly's little Vanity. The girls called me down to see. I laughed seeing little Mya wearing the crown and playing so cute. I got video of it too.

Funny story about that vanity. I found it at a yard sale in early June for 8 dollars. It came with tons of fake makeup, dress up items, and it even talks. So we brought it home and Molly got to playing with it. She took the nail polish off the tray. The vanity said "Oh, I love that color nail polish.  Time to paint your nails"  So, Molly is pretending to paint her nails.
Then the Vanity asks, "What would you like to do next?"
Molly says, "I am painting my nails."
Again Vanity asks, "What would you like to do next?"
Molly says, with a little sternness, "I told you, I am painting my nails."
About 2 minutes go by and....
again the Vanity asks, "What would you like to do next?"
Molly so frustrated says very LOUD, "UGH, I TOLD YOU I AM PAINTING MY NAILS, QUIT ASKING ME THAT!"

I laughed so hard! It was so FUNNY!!!! Love that Molly girl of mine!

June 24- A package arrived from Fancy Grandma. A beautiful new dress for

June 25- Molly came downstairs saying I'm ready for the day. Goggles, PJ shirt, a tutu, and her Rapunzel wig (which she needed help putting on)

Molly is a mix between the characters of Ramona and Fancy Nancy! Gotta LOVE it!

So that it a little of more of our May/June.  Most days in June were spent at the Pool. 

We picked Kenzie up from Youth Conference(at the church) at 11:30pm on June 25th. We left from there for our overnight drive to San Antonio, Texas. First time we have ever driven all night for a road trip. It was hard, but nice to just have the kiddos sleeping. Of course, we had no idea things were about to go flip upside down with a very sick child!

Up next.... our summer trip to Texas!

2 comments:

njepperson said...

Jill, what a fun summer and cutest pictures of beautiful girls! Loved seeing them!

Ashley J @ MommyByDayCrafterByNight said...

Love all these pictures! Love your girls! So beautiful! Glad you guys have had such a fun summer! Happy Birthday Miss Molly!