Kenzie had a wonderful 14th Birthday yesterday.
The morning began with the sighting of her giant Smurfette Balloon. Jer picked it out!
Kenzie loved it!!
She headed off to Early Morning Seminary at 5:40am. Her teacher had a Twix Candy bar for her(Kenzie's favorite).
I made cinnamon rolls(another favorite) while she was gone. She was excited to enjoy one when she got home.
We took a few pictures before she got on the bus for school.
Madi woke up just in time to wish her a happy Bday! I LOVE this picture!
Kenzie arrived home from school at 3:35pm. She was so excited to tell us how great her day was. Her friend Avrielle saw Kenzie and started screaming "Kenzie, you're FOURTEEN!" Kenzie said all her friends were so excited to wish her a Happy 14th Birthday all day long. She was the only one who hadn't turned 14 yet! During her 7th hour class she received a note saying to come to the office when the final bell rang. She thought "That's odd, I don't think I have done anything wrong." HA! When Kenzie told us the story she said "So I was sent to the office today!" WHAT???? My face had a look of horror. Then she told the story. ")
She went to the office.
Secretary: "Hi, are you McKenzie?"
Kenz: "Yes"
Secretary: "Is it your Birthday?"
Kenz: "Yes"
Secretary: "This is for you"
She hands her a Build-a-Bear box.
Kenz was confused, but said Thank You, and ran to her bus. Her friends on the bus said not to wait until she got home, to open it right then. Kenzie pulled out a darling Koala Bear in overalls. Then she read the note. It was from her dear friend, Briel. She is leaving for BYU-Idaho soon, and she has been the sweetest friend to Kenzie. Kenzie is really going to miss her. The Koala's name is Farmer KoKO! So cute! She told Kenz she would never forget her, even when she is in Idaho!
Our neighbors came over to sing Happy Birthday! Jagger is just the sweetest boy. Kenzie babysits him, and she just loves him! Jagger was so excited to give Kenzie money for her Birthday so she could, in Jagger's words, "Get whatever you want!" Kenzie and Jagger outside his house
Kenzie's Young Women leaders sent her a darling card in the mail, and then her Beehive Leader came over with candy treats yesterday. Kenzie will miss being in Beehives with Bobbi, but is excited for Mia Maids! Didn't get a picture of her with Bobbi.:(
One of Kenzie's BF's plays soccer at the park behind our house. Her mom dropped her off early for practice, so Kenz, Madi, Molly and my sister Jenny went to the park for an hour. Jen was supposed to get a picture of Ash and Kenzie, but they all forgot.
Kenz came home to her favorite meal that had been cooking in the crockpot all day. Cream Cheese Chicken poured over Rice, YUM!!!
CAKE! Molly wanted to make Kenzie a Smurf Cake. I baked the cake, spread the vanilla frosting, wrote the message with the edible glitter gel, and then Molly went to town sprinkling blue sprinkles all over! Molly loves sprinkles! Madilynn placed Jokey Smurf perfectly, and there you have it, a Smurf Cake!!! Kenz loved it!
I love our new Bday Banner! I had it made for Mya's 1st, but it's going to be so great to use it through the years for all their Bday's. I couldn't find a single piece of chalk at the house yesterday, so I was sad the banner didn't say 14th on the chalkboard pennant.:(
Kenzie reading all the bday wishes from her Facebook page.
HP 6(to replace the DVD that got lost)
Such a wonderful movie! Her favorite( well, besides all the Harry Potter films)
Kenzie has never asked for a doll before. So when she said she really wanted the darling Rupunzel doll because she thinks it so cute, well, Madi and Molly just had to get it for her.
Feel bad we didn't get a picture of Jenny with Kenz! I'll get one before Jenny's trip come to an end. Kenzie is having a Bday Slumber Party with her friends on August 26th. She's excited to celebrate again with all her BFF's!








3 comments:
Kenz, I'm so glad you had such a special birthday!!! Could you look any cuter leaving for school???? I don't think so!!!!! You are beautiful and I'm so proud of my oldest, wonderful granddaughter! Love you so much.
Looks like a great day. Love the picture with the Build-a-Bear and the crown (that one was for me, right?) And Al hasn't seen the pictures yet, but I know he thinks the Broncos shirt is awesome!
Kenz--you look so beautiful!!Love all your gifts!
Post a Comment