Friday, June 3, 2011

Oakland Zoo, final day in California

April 22, 2011

Our final day in California Ashley has family passes to the Oakland Zoo. It was a warm day, and great weather. It's a great zoo! Not too big, great exhibits, great looking animals, and well, a great workout. Maybe not as hilly as the San Diego Zoo, but pushing a double stroller up those hills, WOW!

This is the only picture I took at the Zoo. Our favorite was the Giraffes! I'll have to add Ashley's pictures to this post later. I think she got some good ones of the Giraffe's.

We drove by the Oakland Temple on our way home from the Zoo. It sits up high, and you can look out over to San Francisco there.

Mya and Riley were such good girls in their car seats during the week.
Kids played when we got back to the house. Here they are playing in Riley's beautiful nursery. Ash, I loved everything about Riley's nursery. You created such a lovely room for her.

























It was so fun for me to see Ashley and Dave's home they spent almost 2 years remodeling. I had only seen it on the blog. 5 years ago when we were out there to visit them, they lived in an apartment complex they were managing(reminded me of Melrose Place). Oh to have had a blog in 2006. That was a 7 day trip, that turned into a 12 day trip, during the Great California Heat Wave of 2006! Oh, that was truly a BLAST!!!! Seriously, we loved it! Ash, what a blog post that trip would have been! :) Anyway, just loved seeing their home, and being with them!

That evening Kody had baseball practice, then we met Dave over in Redwood City(where he works) for dinner. Had a yummy dinner at Red Robin (the place they wanted to take me had a 2hr. wait). The girls and I left Ashely's home at 5am April 23, to catch our early morning flight home.
Wonderful memories from a wonderful trip!

Ashley, I can't Thank You enough for showing us such a wonderful time. We had such a FUN time with y'all! Thank You All from the bottom of my heart! We loved every minute! .....and Thank You for the FABULOUS pictures you took. You are so talented!

Jer....Thank You tons for the trip! Thanks for holding down the fort! ;)
Kenz, and Madi....Thanks for being great girls and helping Dad out while I was gone. Love you all!

Ash....can't wait to do it all over again someday! :)

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Jill, it has been so much fun reading about our visit on here. Thank you for all the kind things you said about it! I'm so happy you had a nice time. I would love to have you back out here any time!!! It was such a a blast. The boys loved spending time with Molls. We all know how much Riley LOVEs being with miss Mya. And I had so much fun with you. Love you all!

Ashley J @ MommyByDayCrafterByNight said...

SO fun!!! I wanna go visit Ash now! :)

Veronica said...

What a fun trip for you. So glad you could visit Ashley.