Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The dreaded FLU!

None of my children have ever had that FLU! You know, the one everyone gets vaccinated for. November 2009 I had all of us get the FLU vaccine because I was pregnant. In December 2010, Mya received her FLU vaccine. I wanted the older girls to get the Nasal one, but our Dr. office was out of it. I waited hoping they would get more. Nope, only had the shot. In January I felt like we were OK, and now it's almost Spring, so no worries, right? WRONG!!!!

My sweet Molly is so sick. She tested positive yesterday for Influenza A and B. Her Dr. said he personally hadn't seen someone with both A & B strains of the flu before. Poor Molly has been sick for 8 days. 8 days with a high fever, pains, contant sneezing/runny nose, fatigue and an awful cough. Dr. said one strain usually last 10 to 14 days, so he has no idea how long we will deal with this.

I feel so bad for her. Praying the rest of us stay healthy. I think Baby Mya should be OK since she got the vaccine. Although the Dr. said Mya might have had a mild form of it when she was sick Feb. 5-9th with a high fever. Hard to say, just feel so bad for Molly.

Hoping Miss Molly feels better real soon!

Promise to myself: EVERYONE IN THIS FAMILY WILL GET THE FLU VACCINE EVERY YEAR!!!!!

6 comments:

Ashley said...

Poor Molly. I'm so sorry she is so sick and miserable. I have no idea what we have... I thought my kids got their flu shot... but whatever it is, is lasting forever with each kid. I started feeling sick today. :( blah.

Ashley J @ MommyByDayCrafterByNight said...

I am sorry Jill!!! I hope she gets better soon and that no one else gets it! Especially baby Mya!

Anonymous said...

I hope my miss molly feel better quickly. I also none of you all catch it either especially Miss Mya!!!

Love-Jenny Watkins

Jenny said...

So sorry she is so sick. Hope she gets feeling better soon!

Candace said...

We have it here too! I vacinnated the little ones but missed everyone else. What a mistake!

Laurel said...

Just read Molly was sick too, oh my goodness I am so sorry! What a hard week or so. I hope it stops with those 2. Glad Jeremy got home to help.