Tuesday, February 2, 2010

New York trip continued

Nov. 26, 2009

After we visited Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island we walked to the World Trade Center Site. That is an art sculpture that was in the World Trade Center Lobby. This is what it looked after the towers fell, and now sits at Battery Park.
WTC site
Fire Station that sat right in front of the WTC. It was interesting telling Madilynn that this all happened when she was just 1 month old. Crazy!

We then walked over to Wall Street.
The girls said it looked like the scary dark bank area from Mary Poppins, I agree. All Madi cared about was getting a picture with the odd out of place Panda. I find it so humorous all these people in NYC who dress up as characters for money. I have no idea what I had setting I had my camera on but it made everything blurry.

It was getting very late and the kids were starving, plus it was still Thanksgiving Day and we had promised them a nice turkey meal. Hot dogs at Battery Park hours before didn't exactly scream Thanksgiving. Grabbed a stale pretzel and hurried to the subway back to Manhattan.

We stopped at Roxy's(bakery & restaurant) by our hotel and asked if they would let us order their Thanksgiving special to go. They loaded us up, and we enjoyed our Thanksgiving dinner in our hotel room.

Seeing the Macy's Parade, Statue of Liberty/Ellis Island and surrounding monuments made for a wonderful and memorable Thanksgiving Day.

3 comments:

Emily said...

What a special memory!

Mindy M. said...

Wonderful memories being made!! Love the pictures and especially Thanksgiving dinner @ the hotel room.

Anonymous said...

I am glad you got to visit alot of places that are important to America while being in NYC!!! Looks loke you had a great time in PJ's eating your Thanksgiving Dinner!!!