Friday, January 29, 2010

A sweet cause!


On Dec. 17, 2009 McKenzie had her hair cut. We both felt it needed a really good cut, and we talked about donating her hair. My mom battled Thyroid Cancer in 2008(she's doing great),and our friend Rich passed away from Brain Cancer in 2008. Kenzie and I both thought it would be wonderful to give her hair to such a great cause that makes wigs for Cancer patients. I looked up Locks of Love and they needed 10 inches. Kenzie had just 9in. she could give to still have some hair for a cute style and I found Pantene Beautiful Lengths. Pantene only needed 8 inches of good hair. So she did it, and she was so happy! Plus, her new cut is darling!!

Since donating her hair, two more very dear to us have just started their battle with Cancer. I pray for their continued faith to carry them through this difficult time. My mom also has her annual iodine treatment in the coming weeks to make sure all cancer cells are killed off. Praying as always for clean results.

6 comments:

Mindy M. said...

You have such a cute family and you are always so caring! Her hair is so healthy and thick ~~ and it will grow back to donate, again.

Veronica said...

Kenzie looks beautiful! I love her new hair cut. What a great thing to do. Jocey did this 3 times in high school and was really happy she made that choice. Tell Kenz I am proud of her. Love you!

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of Kenz in what she did!!! She is such a beautiful girl!!! I hope to see you all soon!!!

Love, JEN

njepperson said...

So proud of my beautiful granddaughter! Somebody is going to get some wonderful hair! Love you Kenz!

Ashley J @ MommyByDayCrafterByNight said...

Good job Kenzie!!! We are so proud of you!!! Your new haircut IS darling!!!

Linds said...

That is so neat Kenzie, I didn't realize that. You are awesome and your new cut is adorable.