Tuesday, January 26, 2010

New Years trip to Utah

The night before our flight I started feeling a little sick. After flying it got worse. I thought it was just a cold, turned out to be an awful Sinus Infection that stayed with me the entire trip!

Dec. 29- flight arrived in SLC at 7:55am. My inlaws & my nephew Kody picked us up. Had Krispy Kreme doughnuts and enjoyed a breakfast caserole at my inlaws house. The day was spent enjoying time playing with cousins, and hanging out with the family.

Dec.30- we woke up to a what seemed like a light snow storm. We got ready and left at 10:30 for Rainbow Gardens in Ogden. Grandma Barnard was taking all the girls and grandkids to lunch. We were all excited to visit with family, and enjoy the delicious food. Unfoutunalty, we never made it there. The roads were a mess from the snow and after my Sister in Law almost slid right into a semi we decided it would be best to turn around and go back home.



We were all dressed up with no place to go. We decided to see a movie. My mother in law treated us all to Alvin & the Chipmonks the Squeakel at the Theatre in Syracuse. The movie was cute, and we all loved it(even the adults).





We had our family Christmas exchange that night. So happy everyone waited until 5 days after Christmas so we could be there too.

The kids were all so cute opening their gifts. Little Blakelee(neice) was a pro at unwrapping!

Miss Molly loves opening presents
Uncle Dave was so excited in this picture because Molly loved the baby doll he had given her.


The older kids enjoyed opening their gifts as well.
Nephews Kody & Kyle
It was a wonderful 2nd Christmas celebration.

Dec. 31- I awoke feeling awful. My head felt like it would explode and I was so stuffed up. I decided it was time for some good meds. I made a call to my OB back home and he called in a Zpac to the Walgreens for me. So my New Years Eve Day was spent lying in a chair with a hot pad on my head trying to sooth the headache. Thanks to my mother inlaw and Jer take such good care of me.

We enjoyed New Years Eve eating pizza and enjoying family time. We watched the NYC Ball drop on TV, wished everyone a Happy New Year and called it a night. My 3 girls all stayed up watching the ball drop, and still didn't want to call it quits. Crazy girls!! I didn't take one picture on New Years Eve since I didn't feel well.

Jan. 1, 2010- Kenzie & Grandma made delicious food (French Toast & a Breakfast Caserole) We enjoyed watching The Rose Bowl Parade. Jer, the girls, and I rode with my mother inlaw the afternoon to Brigham City so we could visit Grandma & Grandpa Barnard.
We got back home around 4pm. The family all came over and we enjoyed an evening of Fondue, and fun. My sister in law Ashley took pictures that night so I'll have to get some from her to post. I believe this was the night we started wathing LOST Season 5 DVD. Now I did watch Season 1 and then just quit watching. Jer has always watched and would tell me about everything going on. I decided to watch Season 5 and now I'm hooked. I can't wait for the Season Premire on Feb. 2nd!!

Jan. 2- My darling nephew Kody turned 8 and was baptized. We are grateful they were visiting from California and did the baptism in Utah. It was wonderful to be together for this special day. A few pictures at Kody's Birthday (after baptism) party!
Cousins


Grandma & Grandpa with all their grandchildren(3 more coming this summer)

So happy we could share in Kody's special day! Thanks Ash for letting me copy a few a your pics from the day.


We all went to Crown Burger that night for dinner. Everyone was surprised that even when we lived there I had never eaten a Crown Burger. I must say that now I get it....mine was delicious! Went back to the house and had game night. So fun!

Jan. 3- We went to church for the 1st hr. I still wasn't feeling well, so we came home after sacrament. I was able to say Hi to a few old friends while there. Had a relaxing Sunday. Watched a good movie called Hurricane Season and more Lost Season 5 episodes.

Jan. 4- I was still sick, but was able to meet my dear friend Michelle at Cafe Rio for lunch. It was so great to see her. Thanks Michelle for the fun visit, and beautiful gift. While I was at lunch, Grandma took the girls to see Princess and the Frog. They loved it! Grandma said Molly sat the entire movie eating her popcorn and drinking her drink. Such a good girl!! :) That is the key to making Molly happy at the movies. We shopped at Seagull and Deseret Book after. Came home and had another evening of fun. Girls with Aunt Ang & Uncle Al

Jan. 5- Jer headed down to Salt Lake to have lunch with Brother in Law's Al and Dave at Rodizio Grill. They love that place. My sister in law went to Fetal Photos that morning at South Town mall and found out she was having a girl. Her first after two cute boys. She was thrilled, and we are all excited to meet Baby Girl Swenson in May. Everyone arrived back home around by 2ish, and at 4:00 we all left to meet Grandma Barnard at Rainbow Gardens. We had a great time, and the food was delicious as always. Thank You Grandma Barnard for dinner and a wonderful time. We Love You! Ash took a few pictures there, and I'll add them later.

Got home and Molly kept a close eye on Blakelee around the gate that led to basement.

Blakelee practicing her walking

The kids all put on a play later that night. Oh, and Uncle Jeff played the Dancing Fairy Dragon! It was classic Jeff at his best! Too Funny!







The cousins were so sad having to say goodbye to each other. Bless their little hearts, they all love each other so much.

Jan. 6- headed to the airport for our 10am flight. Our flight arrived home around 2:00pm and there was a big snowstorm to greet us. School was supposed to start for the girls on Jan. 7th, but got cancelled the 7th & 8th. We all enjoyed having extra days to relax, unpack, and to adjust after being on Christmas Break for 3 weeks. Plus it took another few days for my Sinus Infection to finally go away for good!

I wish I could have seen more friends while we were in Utah. Wish I would have felt better to make it out. Although, I think it was a blessing to be sick. We were able to just relax, and enjoy wonderful family time. I needed to relax after the last few months, and I did just that. What a wonderful Christmas Break we had! Now onto a Happy 2010!

4 comments:

njepperson said...

So glad that you could all come for New Years! We had so much fun. It's soooo tooooo quiet when everybody leaves. Glad you were finally able to get rid of that terrible cold Jill. You were such a good sport even though I knew you were feeling so bad. Love you all so much.

Michelle said...

I actually checked in today to see if you were getting close to knowing whether baby #4 is a boy or girl. I guess you have another week or so. Would you please hurry so I can get started on a certain little project I have planned?

Hope you're all doing well...

Ashley J @ MommyByDayCrafterByNight said...

Good Times!!! I especially loved the play the last night!!! Especially Jeff and his sweet Dragon performance!!!! Never will forget the hat he wore!!! ha ha And when Kyle jumped full force onto Jeff!!! Hilarious!!!

Ashley J @ MommyByDayCrafterByNight said...

Good Times!!! I especially loved the play the last night!!! Especially Jeff and his sweet Dragon performance!!!! Never will forget the hat he wore!!! ha ha And when Kyle jumped full force onto Jeff!!! Hilarious!!!