Monday, February 8, 2010

Wecome Baby Bryson

Bryson Allen Francis born at 12:15pm Feb. 7, 2010. Weighs 6lbs. 9oz. 19inches.



8:00am- My mom called to tell me that Joy thought she might be in labor. Of course I said "No way". I called Joy and she couldn't really talk as she was in pain, but said she was hurrying to pack her bag.

Joy's due date was Feb. 14th. Her Dr. had scheduled an induction for the 11th. I was shocked that Joy was going on her own.

9:20- my mom called and said that Joy was checked in at the hospital and she was 6 dilated. Guess this was it! I was so excited for them.

I called Matt and told him we would be in Stake Conference from 10 to noon so to text us with updates.(side note- Elder Bednar attended and spoke!)

Joy resting after Epidural

11:59-just as conference was ending Matt wrote "Dr. just broke Joy's water, baby should be here within the hour". A few minutes later he wrote "He's getting ready to come out".

12:12pm- Matt wrote "They have to do a C-section. I'll keep you posted." I was shocked!
A csection, that means something wasn't good. We were all worried.

12:25pm- "Had to do a C-section. They just came and told me he's out crying and doing good. Born at 12:15. Joy's out so I can't go back yet. I'll keep you all posted."

Joy's out....what the heck?

So here's what happened...... Everything was going great. Joy was at a 9, Dr. broke her water, and 10 minutes later she was pushing. They had an internal monitor on the baby. She pushed, waited, pushed again, waited, pushed again, and then baby Bryson heart rate dropped very low her Dr. said get the Vacuum. Tried the vacuum 3 times. Then no heartbeat! Joy said all the sudden people were grabbing things, she heard csection, and her bed was being moved out. In the operating room seconds later she remembers seeing all these people hurrying around, and her Dr.'s face! She said the minute she saw his face she knew things weren't good. The doctor then yelled "we have to get this baby out now". That's the last thing Joy remembers. They put her under General Anesthesia so she didn't see the baby born, and Matt didn't get to go in.

Here is what caused Baby Bryson's heart rate to drop and then not be detected. Look at that knot. He is a miracle baby!
The Dr. came out to tell Matt everything went well, but he was very surprised the baby looked as good as he did. The Dr. had expected the worst.

Bryson was in the NICU until about 5:30pm. The wanted to watch him closely. He's now been given a perfect bill of health.

Joy and Matt were so happy when they finally got to see and hold him.

Harley meeting her new baby brother

Jamie and my Mom left San Antonio at 3:30pm(had to wait for Jamie to get off work). The arrived in Houston at 6:30. They were thrilled to walk in and see Bryson out of NICU.


Matt's mom flew in from Oklahoma City arriving at the hospital around 8ish.



Welcome to the world Baby Bryson! Can't wait to meet you in March!

Joy and Matt have had an eventful marriage so far. Rain on wedding day, cancelled honeymoon to Mexico due to H1N1 square last year(they did get to go in July), car broken into(wedding dress, Blackberry, many other items stolen), getting pregnant in month one, Matt's tires all blowing out, and now Bryson's action packed arrival. Hoping things calm down for awhile now. ;)

Joy, Matt, Harley, and Bryson- We Love you all and are so happy all is well!

PS. Thanks Matt for all the pictures!

9 comments:

Ashley said...

Oh my goodness! How scary. I am so glad he is doing so well now. He is absolutely beautiful! I love love love all his hair!! What a handsome little man!! Congratulations Matt and Joy!!

Jill Stones said...

I have heard of knots before but the end result hasn't been good! It was a miracle!! So glad their luck has improved! Thanks for sharing and tell the new parents congrats!!

Emily said...

He is so handsome! I am so glad he is here and healthy. Definitely a miracle!

Anonymous said...

Bryson Allen Francis is definitely and miricle!!! I can't wait to meet him tomorrow!!

Love,
Jenny

Joy Marie said...

Jill--
Thank you!!! How Beautiful!!

Veronica said...

Thank you for documenting the miracle. I am very thankful that everything is all right. He is adorable. Love you all!

Ashley J @ MommyByDayCrafterByNight said...

What a miracle!!! I can't believe that there was a knot in the cord!!! Holy Cow!!! That is so great that the doctor rushed her in for a c-section so fast!!! WE are so excited for you guys JOY!!!!!!

Beverly said...

I am so glad that I checked your blog to see the pics of Bryson!!!! What a cutie!! Thank you for calling me and keeping me posted that day. We are so glad that Joy and Baby Bryson are okay. Can't wait to meet him!!!!!!!!! You're right they have had an eventful marriage so far and haven't even had their 1 year anniversary yet!!! Bryson is definitely a miracle baby that knot is unbelievable!

Todd and Megan said...

He is darling. Truly a miracle! So glad that mom and Bryson are doing well!!!