Monday, January 28, 2008

What a Brave Girl!!!

Poor Madi!!! She's had a big bump on her gums that for the last 2 months I thought was a canker sore and would clear up. It swelled up huge last week, and this morning Jer took her to the dentist. He called me 30 minutes later saying that she had a tooth abscess and it had eaten the bone of her tooth, and they were going to pull it. They would then also clean the excess pus out of her gums. I was shocked and felt so bad. There goes my vote for Mother of the Year(j/k that went out the door long ago). Madi had a filling done last Oct. and I guess her tooth had a negative reaction to it and caused the infection. She really hasn't felt well over the last few months. (She's just been tired, and more grumpy than normal) I thought she just needed to eat better and get more sleep. Her little body has been trying to fight the infection and I just feel so bad I didn't know. Madi was such a brave girl. She held her dad's hand tight as they numbed her mouth and got the tooth out. The dentist put a bridge and spacer in so that the permanent tooth has room(wont come in for about 2 to 3 years) She had gotten ready for school before her appointment, but Jer brought her right home and she slept most of the day. She had a fever from the infection, but is doing better now. We are so proud of her for being so brave. So this one is for you Madi, and I downloaded some of your favorite songs to the playlist! We love you!

6 comments:

Emily said...

Oh that poor thing. I am glad the problem is takin care of.

Anonymous said...

Jill-it's me Candace-from college! I've left a couple of comments but I'm not sure you know it's me! I've lost touch with you, I'm terrible at writing letters. Email works much better. I love your blog! I posted a picture of my kids on my unused blog. Write me!

Char said...

OH, Madi! What a brave girl! And for what it's worth, Jill, the experience I've seen (which is no professional experience) is that sometimes you have a 12hr warning of pain and other times it's totally silent for months (probably Madi's situation) until it just overloads. I'm so sorry to hear about the misery, but I'm glad it's taken care of. We wish her a speedy recovery.

Ashley said...

Madi, my goodness! You are so brave! Kody lost his tooth yesterday. Jill, I love the new slideshow! The girls are so little!!!!

Ang and Al said...

Hey Madi!

Al and I are very impressed at how brave you were! Did the tooth fairy stop by? I hope she left A LOT of money for all the trouble you went through! :)

Love,
Ang

Michelle said...

Poor Madi! That tooth looks awful. I hear that the tooth fairy is very generous when a tooth has to be extracted. Is it true???