Saturday, December 29, 2007

Christmas Slide Show

My slide show photos are from Dec. 19th to Christmas Day night. A recap of our trip so far. Molly did great on the flight. Her ears didn't seem to have any problems, she was just normal happy Molly. We were very excited to see everyone in Utah. Thursday was spent unpacking and the girls playing Grandma and Grandpa's Wii. Every time I walked in the room Kenz would say, I want a Wii so bad, mom!!!! Little did she know!!!! Thursday night we went to visit the Cox Family. I rented a car at 4:15 in Layton. Drove a few block to Little Ceasers for pizza. I noticed very black clouds rolling in, and they were so low. It looked odd. I walked in to order the pizza, and about 3 minutes later, turned around to a full blown blizzard. It was crazy. Then came the loudest, biggest flash of light and sound of thunder I have ever heard. Everyone standing there jumped high, it really frighted us all. My girls were crying like crazy. I was very nervous to drive on the road with the weather conditions. I needed to be at the Cox's since I was bringing dinner. Kenzie said said a quick prayer that all would be OK. My drive to Fruit Heights was nerve racking, but we made it just fine. We had a wonderful visit and it was fun to see Michelle's 4 day old little girl, Mia Camille!

Friday, Jeremy was flying in. Traffic just getting from Syracuse to the freeway was awful. A normal 15 minute drive took me 40 min. It was crazy. South I-15 not bad, so I got to the airport quick, only to find out too late that Jer's flight was delayed an hour. It of course didn't say that online. Not a big deal, Molly had a nice nap, and I looked at the new book I had bought for the girls. If you have Drama Queens in your house it's a great book "How Does the Show Go On?" It's all about the Disney Broadway shows. Jer got in safe and the weekend was full of fun times with the family, and extended relatives. Rock Band was a highlight, so fun!!!! Saturday morning we attended our old ward's Christmas Breakfast. It was so fun to see and visit with everyone.

On Christmas Eve our girls exchanged presents. Madi got the Enchanted Barbie from Kenz, which almost made Madi cry(so sweet), Kenzie got a Sea World DS game from Madi, and they gave Molly a darling Baby Einstein photo album with photos of our family in it. It was so fun to have our cousins Kody and Kyle with us. The kids were just super excited about being together and Santa coming. They all slept on one air mattress that night. Although at 1:30am, I checked on them and Kenzie was off the mattress and stuck between it and the bedroom door. We moved her to the family room where Uncle Jeff and Aunt Ashley were sleeping.

I had the hardest time sleeping as I was worried one of the kids would awake and head upstairs before I had a video camera going. At 6:20 I got up and sat on the stairs camera ready. The kids slowly started to wake up. We told them they had to wait until all adults were up. They ran in and jumped on Jeff and Ash, yelling Merry Christmas. Ang and AL arrived, Jeremy slowly made his tired self up the stairs and the fun began. Now, I've never in my life opened gifts this early, although I hear that 7:00am isn't even that early. Ashley's brother was calling from his mission at 8:30 so we need to get things rolling before she and Jeff needed to leave. The kids were so excited to see Santa had come. We then sat in a circle and all took turns opening gifts. Jeff and Ash had to end up leaving before we were done. The girls were starting to wonder if there was a Wii hiding somewhere since many of their gifts were Wii accessories or games. Everyone kept saying they could just use them whenever they came here to visit. A quick note about Kody and Kyle. Santa brought them every Galatic Hero Star Wars toy ever made. They love Star Wars and kept saying "This is just what I wanted!! TOO CUTE!!

The last box the girls opened was a box my parents had sent. Kenzie was sure the Wii must be in it. A moment of sadness, before she laughed that Pa had sent a Sponge Bob Square Pants tin filled with popcorn(Sponge Bob items are an ongoing joke between the kids and my dad). I could tell Kenzie was a little sad that she didn't get a Wii. About 30 minutes later, I got a gift that had been hiding on the bookshelf. We had decided not to bring the Wii here from Kansas, so while the kids were at school one day, I put the Wii under the tree they have in their bedroom and took a photo. Printed it as an 8*10, and it had, Merry Christmas! Love, Mom and Dad, printed on it. I had the girls sit down and handed them the wrapped photo. Kenzie had a weird look on her face wondering what this gift could be. Madi kept watching big eyed as you can see from the photos. Kenzie opened the photo packet and said "A picture of a Wii, wait, why is there a Wii under my tree?" It took a second then they both said "Hey, there's a Wii under our tree, at our house!" They were so excited!!! Jer and I are way excited having a Wii now, as we love playing it also, especially Bowling!!!

Molly was so cute opening her gifts, she just loved looking at the shiny wrapping paper. The girls really enjoyed helping her pull off the paper. This Christmas was so special to me having our sweet Molly now. She has blessed our lives in so many ways. I am just overwhelmed with happiness that Jer and I have been blessed with 3 wonderful daughters.

Christmas Day afternoon and mainly night hours were ruff when the stomach flu hit me, and it's now slowly making it's way through the family. I'm just praying Molly doesn't get it. (Emily, I hope after our visit you all don't get it, I would feel so awful)

It was great having Jeremy's entire family together this year! I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas!!!

No comments: