Wednesday, June 10, 2009

My Girl at Girls Camp!

McKenzie left yesterday morning for Girls Camp. She isn't 12 until August, but I guess a new rule is if you will be 12 going into 7th grade you can go to Girls Camp. I will admit it was hard for me to let her go. I just worry about her. I know she's probably having a wonderful time. She got nervous Monday night after prayers and shed a few tears. We had a good chat, and Madi slept by her rubbing Kenzie's back until she fell asleep. Now that's what I call Sisterly Love. It's strange not having her here. She's such a huge help to me. Madilynn is really missing her. Guess distance makes the heart grow fonder. I took a few pictures on Kenzie's old digital camera at the church parking lot, but they don't seem to be on the memory card. Strange!
My camera is at the fix it hospital again. The morning after we got home from St. Louis(May 26th) I took my camera out of the bag so I could get the memory card. I then saw that the glass covering the LCD screen was shattered. I took it to Best Buy and off it went to get fixed.(Yahoo for Jer always purchasing the fabulous warranties that even cover accidental breakage). It got back in 1 week. I went to pick it up last Thursday. Looked at the fixed screen and was surprised to see the new screen was not shattered but all scratched up. Long story short, my camera was sent back a second time to be properly fixed. I'm so hoping it will get here in the next few days so I'll have it for Joy's next two receptions. I feel a bit naked without my camera.
Back to Kenzie, I just hope she's having a wonderful time and making many new friends. I'm looking forward to her coming back home and telling us all about it.

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Kenzie going to girls camp/YW/7th grade?? How is that even possible? These kids are growing up way too fast!

I'm sure Kenzie is having a fabulous time and has charmed every other girl there by now.

Thanks for checking in on my very neglected blog. Glad someone is reading it.

rogersinkc said...

Funny, we had camera issues when we got back from our cruise. We bought it several years ago when digital cameras first came out so we paid a pretty penny for it. Something happened the last night of the cruise and we still needed to take pics at Knottsberry Farm the next day. When we turned it on we got an error message and the lens wouldn't contract back in. So needless to say, after we picked up the rental car, over to the store we went to get a new one. The crazy thing is, this new one is a better camera for a fraction of what we paid the first time around!

Kathy said...

I cannot believe Kenzie is old enough to be at girls' camp. How fun for her. Hope you guys are well! Maybe we'll see you this summer.

Anonymous said...

I am sorry about your camera and pray you get it back before the two receptions. I will have my camera ready for you to use at the receptions but of course not as nice as your camera. Have a safe drive!!!!

Love-JEN

Ang and Al said...

Kenzie is having an awesome time. I always loved girl's camp...at least in Virginia when we actually camped and it was summer break. I only went one year in Texas since it was during Spring Break and there really wasn't any camping involved--cabins, a cafeteria, and a pool? More like girl-y camp! :)

She seemed a little nervous on the phone, but I know she'll have a great time. She likes to learn and she'll hopefully have an opportunity to learn a lot of fun things...plus it's like a week-long sleepover! (Without video games.)

Check the internal memory on Kenzie's camera. I bet your pictures were saved there and not on the card.

Ashley J @ MommyByDayCrafterByNight said...

Yahoo Kenz!!! Entering the fun world of Young Womens!!! I loved every girls camp that I went on, but I can empathize with Kenzie being a little nervous to go... I had never been away from home of my mom the first year I want to girls camp, but it was a blast!!! I hope that kenzie is having the tie of her life and that you (Jill) aren't TOO worried about her! I bet she is having the time of her life just like Ang said!!! :)