Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Meet me at City Museum & the St. Louis Zoo

2 other places we visited while in St. Louis was City Museum and the Zoo.

City Museum is insane. It's an Over the Top, Insane, crazy, McDonald's playland. We had a grand time, and deserve an award that we never lost our kids. Why we never lost them, well, we joined in on all the fun. Climbing through the fake caves, holes, 7 story windy skinny staircases,tons of slides ,rope swing, huge ball pit, truly crazy. We were there for 5 hours from 6pm to 11pm. I had the worst headache when we left, but fun memories.

Front of City Museum. Yes, this is all at the front of the building and if you look close you can see kids climbing all over the things hanging outside. See the bus up at the top, crazy!!!!





This is a picture inside middle of building looking up 7 stories. It's a maze getting up there figuring out which stairs to take. At the top is a very windy slide that takes you back down. It's curvy, bumpy, and fast. We all screamed and laughed the whole way down.

We played in the ball pit. I was laughing so hard as Jer would get stuck in the balls and couldn't get himself up. Then these boys started throwing balls at his head. Plus, Molly just kept sitting on him. It was so funny.



Kenzie had to play this old piano.

Rope Swing





Giant Hamster Wheel
Masks made in craft areaThanks City Museum for a super fun time

St. Louis Zoo has free admission. How nice is that!!! There are a few special things inside you have to pay for, but we just walked the zoo and had a blast. It's a very nice zoo, and we got out of there without spending a dime. :)

















This beautiful Art Museum is in the park in front of the Zoo. We will go there on our next visit.









...and that's our trip to St. Louis!!!!

8 comments:

Ashley said...

St. Louis looks amazing. What a cool city. That childrens museum looked so fun and a free zoo? What a great deal! Love the pictures of Jer in the ball pit.

rogersinkc said...

Isn't the city museum just a hoot?! I like the hole in the floor by the wall that ends up under the floor in the caves somewhere.

Jill said...

Ann,
or the hole in the floor that leads to somewhere and your yelling your childs name and they are saying I'm over here but it takes forever to find the whole they came out of. It's crazy!!!

Anonymous said...

You all look like you had a great time. The pictures you take are always so great especially Jer in the balls with Molly on top of him and I had to laugh. Also your animal pictures are beautiful!!! Love-JEN

Ashley said...

Jill, I sent your blog link to my friend Tawny who is moving next week to St. Louis and she had so much fun looking at all your great pics!!

Jill said...

Well now you will have to come visit us and then head over to St. Louis to see Tawny. I know what a great friend she is to you, and that you will really miss her.

rogersinkc said...

Did you go down the big slide from the 3rd floor I think it was? I did and thought it was great. The girls thought I looked dorky though. :-)

Jill said...

We did that one(I think your talking about the one that is to the right when you first walk in. Also did the one in the middle of the building that caused me a huge headache. I laughed and screamed the entire way down.