
We enjoyed seeing the Gateway Arch. The park surrounding the Arch is beautiful. The museum that is built underground is fascinating. The tram ride to the top was a little claustrophobic but fun. Looking out over St. Louis through the tiny windows was uncomfortable but very cool. What a fun place to visit!
While walking to the arch Kenzie tripped and cut her toe open. Yes, it was as traumatic as it looks.
A Museum is underground(under the Arch) and we enjoyed all the exhibits
We were not disruptive inside the museum:)
Tram ride to the top. There are 8 pods connected. Each pod can fit 5 people. It is tiny, and I the girls said they felt like the were sitting inside an egg shell. That's what it looked like. It was a loud ride to the top,like the slow climb on a roller coaster. Once in a while the pod would tilt, it was a little freaky!
Molly loved her little seat
Madi was very nervous as we started up
Now she was very scared.....

Madi was so happy to get off the tram, but was still nervous looking out the windows. She did have fun trying to locate our hotel.

Back on the ground
Bridge crossing over the Mississippi as you leave the Arch park








6 comments:
Looks like you had a wonderful time! Grandpa and I went in the arch in 1971!!!! (On our way to live in Indianapolis at Fort Benjamin Harrison.) I don't think it was exactly the same. Sorry about your toe, Kenz. Hope it is better.
Loved Madi & her face on the way up to the top! Looks like a fun weekend trip! Hope your summer is going great!!
Wow! What a cool place! The arch looks so neat. I love all the pictures. Your hotel looked amazing. Let uncle Jer know I posted some pictures of his little trip out here on my blog!!
Vivalavida was our opening song at the Wasatch concert bash!!! I love this song, but Jeff sings it better!! TOday was my last day of work,and I'm feeling very nostalgic!!!! Love you all!
It looks like you guys had a fun trip! Your hotel looks really cool! I have driven through St. Louis but it was at night time so we didn't really sight see! :)
You should have Kenzie show you the scene in "The Lightning Thief" where Percy Jackson has a fight with a monster at the top of the arch and ends up having to dive into the river...exciting stuff! I can visualize the whole thing better thanks to your pictures!
KP-sorry about the toe. I HATE having cuts that close to the nail. I think they just hurt more.
Madi-I probably would have been pretty nervous too on that shuttle. Heights definitely isn't one of my favorite things.
Post a Comment