Thursday, May 10, 2012

Harley's 7th Birthday

We drove to Owasso, Oklahoma (just outside of Tulsa) for my neice, Harley's, 7th Bithday, on April 27th.  My parent's, and sister Jenny, drove up from San Antonio. It was so fun to all be together, even if for just 1 day! Owasso is only 3.5 hrs. drive for us, not bad at all. McKenzie spent the weekend with friends, as she had a Choir competition Sat. morning, and practice for the Cultural Celebration Saturday night. We left at 7:30pm, during a terrible night of weather. Tornado watches were out for our area. The sky was black, lightning was everywhere. Luckily it we were on the side of it and were able to get around it.

Pulled into our hotel at 11pm and went right to bed. My parents were at a different hotel, but came over in the morning and switched to our hotel. They had Harley with them. Harley had no idea any of us were coming. My parent's and Jenny surprised Harley at her school on Friday. Jenny said her face and excitement at seeing them was priceless! They walked in our hotel, and I missed the entire thing. I was hiding around the corner, and going to jump out, but the girls went around the other way, so I missed getting pics. We went swimming for about 2 hrs., then the kids were worn out and ready for lunch. We enjoy yummy Panda Express for lunch.


The party was held at Joy's Inlaws home. Joy and Matt are living there while they build a new home.    They moved there in December for Matt's new job.  The party was a Circus Theme. Harley's school and church friends came.   Everyone had a great time!






















It was around this time about 5:45 that Jeremy asked me where the car keys were. I thought I'd given them back after getting my camera out of the car. Got a sick feeling. Yep! Locked the keys in the car.

There they were, on the passenger seat! Matt's mom,Billie, was calling the local locksmith, but they didn't answer. She called a friend who said if anyone has AAA, to use it. Yahoo to Matt's Grandma for bring an AAA member since 1971! She has never used it for herself, always for everyone else who needs it! So nice! Billie called AAA and they were out about 40 minutes later, unlocked car, and I got the keys! No charge! So nice!!!!! Thanks Grandma Francis!




















I was so excited how this picture turned out of Joy's Sister in Law, Leah and her beautiful baby, Stella. I am loving learning to shoot in manual from my photography bootcamp!


We all had a fabulous time! The Francis clan threw a great 7th Birthday for Harley!!! Can't wait for next year! 8 is Great!

 Harley came back to the Hotel for the night. We ate breakfast at our hotel Sunday morning, and said Goodbye!  Took a quick cell phone picture of the kids with Pa & Gam!
.

A quick, but wonderful visit with my family!

No comments: