Versailles, France
June, 2012
I read this quote the other day! I LOVED it! It seemed to sum up my feelings as of late. The last 2.5 months have been a roller coaster of emotions.
The blessings we have experienced are too many to count! My heart is full of JOY from the love shown to our family.
Messages, cards, phone calls, visits, flowers, gift baskets...... lifted my spirits and truly brought JOY to my heart!
Jer asked our families to Fast for me. I truly could feel the love they all had for me at that time. Even my sweet children, nieces, and nephews fasted. Families are truly a blessing here on this Earth, and in the Eternities!
My amazing neighbor planned a 5 week meal calendar for our family. She asked neighbors/friends and our church ward(she got emails from Kenzie) to sign up. Meals every night, 6 nights a week, for 5 weeks. I was blown away! We also had several friends, and the Young Women's Group bring us freezer meals. Such an outpouring of LOVE. Now that I am feeling good, many of those ladies are instead going to bring meals when I am in my treatment phase. I just feel truly grateful to my Heavenly Father for blessing me with such wonderful people in my life. The service given to our family has truly touched our souls! “And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.” Matthew 25:34–40.
I am feeling really good! The 1st week after surgery was difficult. The 2nd week I could feel my body beginning to heal. Now, almost 3 weeks out and I truly feel great. My incision is healing beautifully, no more swallowing pain, calcium level seems to finally be under control, Thyroid level seems good, nausea is long gone! We were so grateful to learn the Pathology results from my surgery. Looks like the Cancer was contained within the Thyroid tissue, and had not invaded the Lymph Nodes. Great News!
I meet with my Endocrinologist on Sept. 19th. We will discuss my treatment plan at that time. This will be about a 6 to 8 week process. I will be doing the Radioactive Iodine Treatment for Papillary Thyroid Cancer. This treatment will kill any remaining Thyroid Tissue.
I especially want to Thank my Mom, Jer, and our girls! They have all been truly amazing during this time. I know this hasn't been easy for our children. They are such strong souls! Oh my goodness, each one of them are just truly Daughter's of God and are amazing! They have lifted me up! I love them so very much!!!
I am grateful for a loving Heavenly Father and my Savior, who have never left my side during this trial.
The Savior said, “Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest” (Matthew 11:28).
There is a meaning and reason for everything. My testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ has grown leaps and bounds the last few months. For that, I will be forever grateful!
"The way we react to adversity can be a major factor in how happy and successful we can be in life. Come What May, and Love it" Joseph B Wirthlin Ensign, October 2008
Love,
Jill








3 comments:
Jill- I had no idea that you were dealing with this. I will definitely remember you in my prayers.
So glad that you are slowly recovering and that the cancer was contained within the thyroid. Love you and your sweet family. YOu have been in my thoughts many many times in the past couple months. I am so glad to hear that you have so many wonderful people taking care of you.
I love love love that picture of all of you. What a gorgeous amazing spot! and a gorgeous amazing family. I miss you guys!!
Post a Comment