Friday, October 14, 2011

St. George and Las Vegas

On Monday, July 25, we loaded up the cars and headed down to St. George and Las Vegas!

We checked into our hotel and ate dinner at The Brick Oven that night! So delcious!

Jeremy stayed at the hotel with the babies (Mya and Riley,) while the rest of us went to Tuachan to see The Little Mermaid.

Mya and Riley in their Little Mermaid outfits

My Brother in Law, Dave, has been the Sound Designer for Tuacahn the last 10 years. He is a Sound Designer for Activision (just finished the new Call of Duty game), and still spends 2 weeks a year in May designing the sound for Tuachan! He just really loves it! We are so grateful that he is able to get us all tickets for the shows each year. He also gets us fantastic seats! Thanks, Dave!

Ang brought her Build A Bears dressed as Ursala and Ariel!  Molly LOVED them!

We all loved the Little Mermaid! My favorite was the lady who played Ursala. She was so GOOD!!!

Tuesday was rainy. That didn't stop the kids from swimming at the hotel. I think they were in the pool for 5 hrs. Crazy kids! Adults took turns shopping at the outlets. They were right by our hotel, which was so nice.

We had In and Out for dinner, then Ang stayed with the babies that night, and the rest of us went back to Tuachan to see Grease. It was cute! Rizzo was my favorite!

Wednesday July27th- Vegas! We were up early and left for Vegas around 11am. We were all so excited to spend a few days enjoying our stay at the Cosmopolitin! What a crazy, fun hotel! It's very different from the rest of the strip hotels! We loved it! The rooms were huge, and FABULOUS!

Our View....AMAZING! You could watch and hear the Billagio Fountains going off from our room balcony.

Wish I would have taken pics before we trashed the room!  :)
Loved the shower!  There was also this huge window over the tub.  If you raised the blinds, well, all in the fam could see you!  HA! 


After we checked into our rooms, we walked to the Paris hotel to eat at our most favorite restaurant in Vegas.  Mon Ami Gabi  
 I LOVE their Crepes. I got the chicken/broccoli this time. Melt in my mouth delicious! .....and their fries, so yummy!

The kids were dying to swim, so we came back to the hotel for swimming time! The pools were very sophisticated. I was worried the kids would be sad not having a kid area, but they had a great time. Kaydee(Ashley's BFF) lives in Las Vegas and came over to swim with her kids. Fun to see them!
Mya slept for about an hour. This is just after she woke up. I love her looking up at Molly. So sweet!

Mya & Molly loved being out on our balcony

We got ready and left our room around 8pm. We walked by Bellagio fountains, always love it!

Got our Frozen Hot Chocolate from Serenpidity(it's in front of Ceasers). The wait was about 1hr at their walk up window.CRAZY! Not because it was super busy, but they only had one girl working. I don't know if a drink is worth waiting that long for, but it really is so GOOD!!!
Mya even loved it!

.

Walked the Forum Shops in Ceasers. Stopped in H&M.  Mya was loving the disco balls. Molly passed out! This was around 10:30pm.

The next morning we ate Breakfast at The Wicked Spoon in the Cosmo! OH MY GOODNESS! This is the best buffet I have ever seen! The restaurant was beautiful, the food displays were beautiful, and the food was delicious! It is worth going to, even if you're not a guest at the hotel.

The decor around the Cosmo is FUN! The kids loved the giant high heel shoes!

Molly and Mya loved the Dog Statue

We all rented a lounging area by the pool for the day! It was so nice! Food, drink, places to lounge! We loved it! Jeremy ordered Pina Colodas, and Strawberry Daquari pitchers(virgin of course). YUM!!! We were at the pool from 9:30 until about 4:30. Mya napped on the giant pool bed. Such a fun day!

We had an Bday dinner for Madilynn at the Sugar Factory. Her Bday was the next day, but Grandma, Ashley, and kids were headed back to California the next morning, so we wanted to celebrate with them. I wasn't a fan of the dinner food, but the desserts were good.


This picture of Riley crack me up!  So funny!
Kody's Brain Freeze!



We walked over to the Bellagio to see the Conservatory. This is always a favorite to see when we're in Vegas. This kids love seeing how it will be decorated.





This framed picture is completely made out of flowers.



We also always have to see the cakes and Largest Chocolate Fountain here




Back at the room that evening

Friday Morning July 29th- Madilynn's 10th Birthday!

Cosmo Girls!

Love these cute cousins together


Breakfast at Wicked Spoon
This is a picture of a little section of the desserts. WOW!
There was even Gilato!


Saying Goodbye to Swenson's & Grandma(who went to California for a few days)







Celebrating Madi's 10th Bday!
Spent the morning swimming

Shopped at Fashion Show Mall(Nordstorm was having a Runway show there)
Madi wanted to visit Vegas Build-a-Bear store there.

M&M Store














Coca Cola Store

Jeremy thought it would be fun to get the 14 Taste Sampler Tray(2 trays of 14 different sodas). You get Coca Cola products from 14 different countries. I had been watching people drink them, and had no desire to do it.

Jer, Ang, Kenz, Madi, Molly, and even Mya did the taste test.
Molly loved the Costa Rica or Gemany drink (can't remember which).

I wish I had video of each one tasting the Italian drink(I think this was the one called the Beverly). The faces they made after tasting it were so funny! I thought they were going to throw up right there! Here is the picture I got of Ang after her taste. She was somewhere between laughing and gagging!!!

New York, New York- so Kenzie could ride the rollercoaster with Jer

Aung Ang bought Madilynn a Birthday Tiara in Vegas( that all the girls will wear on all their Bday's)

Madilynn chose Max Brenner's for her Birthday dinner. We all LOVED it!! The food was so good!!!!! I had the best Cobb Salad ever! The bread...yum! Service was excellent! Fun place to eat! It's known for the chocolate! WOW!!! Devine!! Mya slept in her stroller the entire meal, missed the whole thing.

Dessert! 

These are syryngs full of pure milk chocolate!

Ended Madi's Birthday shopping at H&M! We didn't get back to our hotel until 1AM! What a great day! We love you Madilynn! Hope you LOVED your 10th Birthday in Vegas!

Saturday July 30th
Packed, ate Breakfast at Wicked Spoon, shopped at the outlets, headed back to Utah.

Las Vegas, Thank You for always giving us great vacation memories!

Photos from many cameras:  Ashley, Jill, McKenize, and cell phones

Also, Ash, Ang and I got Eyelash Extensions  in Utah before Vegas! I loved the way our eyes looked! LOVED!  Made our eye colors pop!  The eyelashes themselves a harsh on my real eyelashes. I think 3 months later they are finally recovering.  Might get them again, just maybe not so long this time, and a little more softer looking! 

4 comments:

Emily said...

what a fun trip!

Ashley said...

Oh Jill, I loved seeing all these pictures. It brought back such fun wonderful memories and of course has me so excited for when we will ALL be together. soon. Did you know it is like 10 or 9 weeks away?? Thats not too far. I can't wait. I also loved seeing the picture from the day we were gone. It looks like you guys had so much fun. We loved this trip. We love you guys.

njepperson said...

I loved it too! What fun we had! Thanks for sharing your pictures and the wonderful memories! (9 or 10 weeks! Can't wait!)

Joy Marie said...

Makes me want to go to VEGAS tomorrow!!!